Our Complaints Procedure
Sternberg Reed are committed to providing high-quality legal services. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
The person with overall responsibility for complaints is Frances Anderson.
If you have a complaint that you have been unable to resolve with the person handling your matter please contact Frances Anderson, our Complaints Partner by post to Sternberg Reed, Focal House, 12-18 Station Parade, Barking, Essex IG11 8DN or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. By setting down the facts about your complaint in writing it will be far easier to investigate the matter. It will also be easier to not overlook or miss key points, which can sometimes happen if communicated verbally.
What will happen next ?
- We will send you an acknowledgement letter or email, as appropriate. This will be within three days of receipt of your complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to the Partner responsible for the department concerned. They will review your matter file and pass it to the person designated to investigate your complaint, together with a report.
- We expect to send a detailed written response within 21 days of acknowledging your complaint. However, if you would prefer to discuss your complaint in person, a meeting at our offices can be arranged.
- If, having received the written response you remain dissatisfied, you can ask a Partner in the firm to review the decision.
- Should you ask for a review, we will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request. We will confirm who will be conducting the review and the expected timescale.
- You can contact the Legal Ombudsman within eight weeks of making a complaint, should you still not be satisfied with our response. Their correspondence address is PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of our final written response, and ordinarily within six years of the act or omission or three years from when it should reasonably have been known that there was cause for complaint. For further information you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at email@example.com Or visit their website: https://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/