Public Authority Legal Services in Barking, Grays and Romford, East London, Essex
What services do we provide to Public Authorities?
Sternberg Reed have, for many years, provided legal services to a variety of Public Authorities and organisations in the following fields of law:
- Children Law: child care, adoption, and other Social Services duties
- Social Services: responsibilities towards vulnerable adults
- Registration and Inspection of registerable services in Social Services and related fields
- Criminal law
- Housing Law
- Judicial Review
Do you have established clients in this field?
At Sternberg Reed, we have been acting in this field for many years. Our clients include:
- Local Authorities
- A Government Department
- Other Public Authorities with statutory functions
- A national charity in the field of Child Care.
We have a number of reported cases, up to and including the Supreme Court (formally the House of Lords) in matters where we have acted for Local Authorities.
Volume of work you undertake?
At Sternberg Reed, we pride ourselves on being flexible and able to cope with whatever work suits our client's needs. We can undertake all of a client Authority's work in a given field, if requested, or individual work on a case by case basis. We are well equipped to cope with fluctuations in the volume and nature of the work provided. In all fields we have a number of Solicitor/advocates who are able to undertake the advocacy as well as the advisory and preparatory work.
What other services can you provide?
- We are able to provide a range of other services, according to our client's needs. These can, for example, include:
- Arms length advice where an independent view is required over and above work undertaken by an in-house legal team;
- London agency work;
- Undertaking particular tasks, e.g. advocacy;
- Training - we have participated in training work for some of our Public Authority clients, and can devise and present courses as required.
What are your charges?
Our charges vary according to the type of work, seniority of the lawyer dealing with the matter, and any other relevant factors. We would be happy to discuss charges with you in advance and agree fee levels. We are committed to giving best value to all of our clients.
Why choose Sternberg Reed?
We hold four independent accreditations for the quality of our service and are regularly audited to make sure that our standards remain high.
Who should I contact?
In the first place, please contact Gordon Reed, Practising Consultant, with overall responsibility for work undertaken on behalf of Public Authorities. Telephone 020 8591 3366 or complete the on-line form.